Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sometimes they listen...with their own spin on things


I was reading the "Friend" yesterday to prepare a lesson for family night and Lexie looked at the front cover and saw the picture of the Cristus Statue. "That's Jesus!" She informs me. I tell her that she is right and then she tells me she is going to see Jesus. I asked her where she was going to see Jesus and she said, "In the dark, so I need a flashlight for my birthday."

Then she grabbed a copy of The Book of Mormon off the end table and told me, "My Father gave this to me." She only calls David "Dad" or "Daddy" so I asked her which Father gave it to her. She responded, "My Hehbenly Father. It's my Jesus homework." So I said, "Oh really, what does it say?" She open the book up to a random page, ran her finger across a verse as if she were actually reading it and said, "Jesus gave us his Son...for free!"

4 comments:

  1. Jesus homework, eh? That sounds about right. I love when you get a small glimpse into what's going on in their tiny little heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story--kids are smarter than we think.

    The zebra you made is out of this world! I'm so impressed and your family room looks nice with the new sectional and tv. Men love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed because it shows what kind of home she is being raised in by what kind of parents! So I took a long break from blogging which is explained on my blog. I went private. Can you send me your email, so I can add you to my reader list?

    ReplyDelete