Thursday, December 11, 2008

Santa is amazing

Collin had a special visitor come to his preschool today. This was no ordinary Santa. He began with the usual stuff about the reindeer, Mrs. Claus, his naughty and nice list, etc. Then, he did some juggling for the kids--they were truly amazed. Finally, he showed the kids how to make magic candy canes.
After Santa, the kids went back to class to make gingerbread houses. They 'glued' graham crackers to empty milk cartons with frosting and added the candy. I thought that was a clever way to do it and much easier than trying to balance the crackers against each other with excited little hands helping.
As it typical Collin, he cannot stay clean if he is within 20 yards of food. In case you can't tell from the pix, he has a dab of frosting on his nose. Collin had so much fun!

As we were leaving the classroom, Collin suddenly hung his head down and started sniffing. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I am going to have a long baykayshun (vacation) aren't I?" I said, "Yes, and we are going to have so much fun!" His response was, "But Mom, I am going to miss Miss Trisha SOO much!" He is so sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, that's cute.... and here I am counting down the days to my long vacation and thinking it can't last long enough! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Same, I was counting the hours until my LONG vacation! :) I remember coming upstairs one day during Thanksgiving break and looked at Collin's shirt... covered in food, and you say "I haven't fed him anything since breakfast, and he ate that in his PJ's, I dont' know what is on his shirt!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Collin looking up. It is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete