
As I was driving home from play group at the park, my heart sank as I saw my left hand and noticed that I only had my wedding band on my finger. My engagement ring was gone! I drove the rest of the way home hoping that it had got caught on Lexie's sweater as I was buckling her in. I got home and checked the car seat and my purse and everything I had in the car. I was ready to burst into tears because I knew I had it on before we got to the park.
David just happened to come home then on his lunch break so I left the kids with him and went back to the park. Lexie had thrown a tantrum by the swings when I told her it was time to go. I had picked her up and brushed the bark off her clothes. I figured that would be the most likely place to find it. I scoured that bark sifting it as best as I could to find it, but no luck. I was devastated because I didn't know where else to find it. I couldn't check the whole park on my hands and knees. As soon as I walked away from the swings, a little boy came to swing on the swing that I had been searching under. There are probably 8 swings at the park and none of the others were being used.
The trash can I threw our trash from lunch in was full, so they bag I threw in it was on top. I swallowed my pride and went dumpster diving, but to no avail. I was retracing some of the places I had walked but with little hope of finding my ring. As I got back to the swings, the little boy got off, so I figured I'd check there one more time before going home. I bent down to brush at the bark, and there was my ring! Thank you Heavenly Father for sending that little boy to kick up the bark so I could find my ring.


Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you found it! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI have felt your pain and relief before! My diamond fell out of my ring a few years back. I had just emptied the trash, then swept the floor. When I checked the garbage it only had dirt and my diamond in it. So glad it ended well for you too!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you were able to find it. Scott has had to go dumpster diving several times for his ring when he worked for BG, he often threw it out with the cardboard.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you found it! I couldn't find my moms ring for a few months and couldn't even think about it because it made me so sick.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so glad you found it!! That would make me sick if I lost mine.
ReplyDelete