Friday, September 11, 2009

Some Firsts

Here are some more firsts for the kids. Collin had his first day of Kindergarten. Now that he is a 'big boy' and in kindergarten, he does not cry when he gets dropped off. What a relief!






Lexie had her first ballet class this past week. She cried and clung to me the whole time. I had to join her for floor exercises just to get her to participate--trust me, not a pretty sight! Hopefully she will do better next week if I am not there for her to cling to.



The boys ran their first race today. They see their dad run and want to be like him. It was a mile long race on a trial near our house. It took them a bit to get into the race. They were just dawdling and goofing off to start with. It was part of a marathon relay so "the crew" gave the kids running the mile race the relay batons, too. That proved to not only be a good distraction to actually getting down to the business of running, but also quite detrimental to Garrett's head. Garrett pounded himself in the head and then told his dad he could not run because his head hurt. After giving his head time to recover, Garrett decided that he wanted to run and he took off. He finished the mile run in about 13 minutes. He was really working hard to pass the kids in front of him as he crossed the finish line. After the race, he told me he was either in 1st or 2nd place, but he felt like he finished in first place.

Collin walked most of the time with his dad. But when he saw mom near the end with the camera up and ready, he started to run. He said that he finished in first place because he beat daddy. He walked/ran the mile in 21 minutes. I'm proud of my little runners who both got first place.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! Is there anything cuter than a toddler in a tutu? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... I don't think I can run a mile in 13 minutes anymore! How sad!

    ReplyDelete