Friday, November 7, 2008

Garrett turns 6


Garrett celebrated his 6th birthday on Tuesday. He could not make up his mind on what he wanted his cake to be, so I just made a sheet cake and wrote his name on it an let him decorate it. He was so excited about his presents and loves all of them (so much so that he is "letting Collin keep" all his old toys so that Collin will not want to play with his new toys).

Garrett was also so excited that the election was on his birthday. He thought it was special that we voted for a new president on his birthday. He was very interested in the candidates and is class even held a mock election. Here is a conversation held on the subject:
Garrett: Daddy, did you vote for?
David: John McCain
Garrett: Me too! Collin who did you vote for? I'll bet you voted for Barack Obama.
Collin: No, I voted for President Monson.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I didn't know that voting for President Monson was an option. I should have wrote him in. Smart boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, that is just too cute! I wish I would have consulted with Collin before I voted! I miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete