Friday, November 7, 2008

Partners in crime


Now that Lexie is a little older and able to play more with her brothers, she and Collin are either best friends or worst enemies. They can work together as a team or push each others button. Lexie likes to play guns and swords with Collin (she even makes the sound effects). Collin likes to play dolls and dance with Lexie. Lexie is turning out to be a mix of girly girl and tough gal. She likes to wrestle and wear jewelry, she sings along to "How does she know" from Enchanted and to the theme song from Indiana Jones. These two have a great time together (they spend more time together as Garrett is at school for a good part of the day). One day, Collin came to me complaining that he could not get his candy wrapper open. I told him, "that's a bummer. I guess you can't eat the candy." He didn't even hesitate, he turned to Lexie and said, "I need scissors." She immediately walked to the drawer in the kitchen where the scissors are kept and pulled them out for him. Needless to say, I confiscated them and I now know why their Halloween buckets are virtually empty and Garrett is still 3/4 of the way full!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I didn't know you had a blog. I hope you don't mind me linking it mine. Your kids are getting cuter and cuter with age. Ryan and I were just talking about how we miss having you around San Diego. We'll be at Julie's house for Thanksgiving. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than seeing your kids play together. I hate it when Luke goes to school and Sammie doesn't have a friend. I love that Collin has Lexie get the scissors for him. Classic. BTW, Lexie in her Halloween costume--adorable. Thanks for the Dland advice--you are an expert. I wish I grew up in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete