Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kid Bloopers

Here are some funny things they kids have said.

Garrett had an assembly on dental hygiene at school and came home with samples and lots of advice for me. He was telling me about teeth and the importance of cleaning them. I asked him what teeth are made of; he responded, "Plastic."

Collin is starting to read 3-letter words in school. He brought home a list of words to work on. He is supposed to sound them out and then use the word in a sentence. One word is "tot." Here is the sentence he came up with. "My mom tot me to read."

I was killing time in Costco while they were putting tires on my car. I was on the phone and just aimlessly walking up and down the aisles. Lexie was saying something over and over with great excitement trying to get my attention. I asked her to say it again and realized she was saying "Daddy Poop!" I immediately hushed her and looked at what she was pointing at. We were standing in front of the men's underwear. The model's head was cut out of the picture, so of course that tan, muscular man is Daddy. She is going to have to learn the word "underwear" and also the important concept that we do not poop in underwear!

3 comments:

  1. I have a technique that has helped me learn to live with things that my children say and do in public. I look around and say to myself, "no one knows me here."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture of Lexie and her dad. I will have to ask David what he does in his underwear that led Lexie to say that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am for SURE going to have to tease Dave about the last one.

    ReplyDelete