Saturday, April 18, 2009

Way to go Daddy

David ran the Salt Lake Marathon today--it was his first marathon. He has been looking forward for it since Christmas. (Don't ask me why, in my opinion, running 26.2 miles is torture, not fun! ) About three weeks ago, David sprained his ankle pretty bad and he was worried that he would not be able to run. But after shoving his foot in a bucket of ice water a couple times a day for a few weeks (once again, I ask myself--why the torture?) he felt he could run. I brought the kids and Rebekah (my little sister) downtown to watch him finish. We camped out just before the finish line to watch David. The kids were so excited to see Daddy running. (Garrett wanted to know if Daddy won the race.) His race time was 3 hour and 52 minutes, which put him finishing 283rd out of 1067 people running the full marathon. Here are some pictures!





4 comments:

  1. Way to go Dave, you beat Ryan's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Go David! I was probably just waking up by the time he ran 26 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks really tired. Just kidding. Congrats! I have never had the will to run that far or even think about running that far. What a nightmare! I can't believe he is doing it again in October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am with youe jessica running a marathon is crazy! i could never do it. lexi's birthday cake is too cute and i love the tutu.

    ReplyDelete